The man at the heart of the Grangemouth dispute seems to have been abducted by aliens. Or is in hiding with Ms Lamont in a bunker somewhere.
According to the BBC ( yes I know )..." The man at the heart of the affair is Stephen Deans, convener of the Unite union in Scotland, who has worked at Grangemouth for 24 years.
It was Mr Deans' role as chairman of the Labour Party in the Falkirk constituency which landed him in hot water with his employer.
In short, the union official was accused of trying to rig the selection of a candidate for Westminster."
According to this report from the BBC again ( yes I know ) Mr Deans is one of the 'key players' in the dispute.
So where is he ?
Scotland's biggest industrial complex is fighting for survival in the run up to a referendum on independence and the 'key player' and the man 'at the heart of the matter' according to the BBC has been posted missing.
It all looks spooky to me....
1. Evil billionaire 'Mr No' who lives on a luxury yacht and is called 'JR' will decide the fate of thousands of workers at a plant that has operated for 90 years.
2. The man at the centre of the dispute has gone missing. No photos, tv or radio interviews or newspaper appearances.
3. Referendum on Scottish independence in less than a year.
4. Gordon Brown has gone to Mexico despite having a constituency nearby and being able to 'save the world'.
5. No funds forthcoming for upgrade of Grangemouth from London despite Scotland due to pay £4Bn towards the HS2 rail link from London to Birmingham.
It's a good job I don't believe in conspiracies.
I did find this rare picture of Mr Deans in the John O' Groats Journal from two years ago ( 2nd from left )....